Fall is here – and the kids are back to school. Now is the perfect time to clean, organize, declutter, and prepare for the next season.
With the holidays right around the corner, you want to make sure your cleaning is complete so you don’t have the added stress of having to clean and prepare for holiday guests in the midst of all the planning and gatherings. We all know you already have enough on your plate!
Believe it or not, having a clean home can actually promote better health, relieve stress, and improve productivity. If you’re anything like us, a clean home makes you happy! A clean home can also help with your allergies if you have them. A lot of the bacteria in your home can be airborne and cause allergies and asthma to act up such as dust mites, pollen, dander, etc.
We’ve put together a checklist for you to ensure your house is spotless, ready for the holidays, and gives you all the health benefits of a clean home!
Room by Room Cleaning Checklist
- Clean and reverse ceiling fans
- Dust furniture
- Wash and change bedding
- Vacuum and shampoo the carpets
- Scrub hard floors
- Declutter (Don’t forget about the closet!)
- Clean stove, microwave, dishwasher, and sink
- Empty, clean, and organize the refrigerator (don’t forget the top – it can be quite the dust collector)
- Wipe Down Cabinets
- Clean out the pantry
- Mop floor
- Wipe down table and chairs (all surfaces)
- Clean / dust light fixtures
- Wipe down vanity and clean drawers
- Discard any expired personal care items
- Clean toilet, tub and shower
- Scrub tile grout (we love this product! – link a product you use)
- Clean the mirror
- Sweep and mop floors
- Wipe down light fixtures
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets and rugs
- Sweep and Mop hard floors
- Move furniture and vacuum / clean underneath
- Spot clean furniture cushions
- Dust and polish furniture
- Clean curtains
- Clean interior windows (check out a window cleaning hack here!)
- Clean rugs and doormats
- Sweep and mop floors
- Organize closet – switch out summer gear for fall and winter attire
- Organize shoes – put away sandals and bring out the boots!
- Replace or clean HVAC filters
- Clean dryer vents
- Have your ductwork cleaned
- Clean and store outdoor furniture
- Clean the gutters
- Winterize pools and outdoor water features
- Turn off all outdoor faucets and coil hoses
- Put away gardening tools, pots, etc.
- Wash exterior windows
- Rake Leaves
- Thatch Lawn
Keeping your house clean will promote better mental health and keep you feeling healthy and less stressed. You can do it yourself or call us to help! We’d love to help get your house ready for the holidays! We provide premier residential cleaning services to the Chippewa Valley and surrounding areas in order to improve your overall quality of life.